- 500g spaghetti Martelli
- 500-750g small (baby) squid, cut into small pieces
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1-2 peperoncini, or a pinch of red pepper flakes
- A few sprigs of fresh parsley, finely minced
- A splash of white wine
- 1 black squid sauce by L'Isola d'oro
- In a large pan, gently sauté the chopped garlic, parsley and peperoncini or red pepper flakes in extra virgin olive oil until the garlic is just beginning to turn brown. (Remove the peperoncini if using.)
- Add the cut up squid, give it a good stir to cover it with the seasoned oil. Let the squid sweat in the oil, uncovered, for a few minutes. Add a splash of white wine and cover, letting the squid simmer very gently for another 15 minutes or so, or until tender.
- When the squid is done, add the squid ink (along with drizzle of water if needed to keep things saucy) and continue simmering until the resulting sauce is thick and very black.
- Shortly before the sauce is done cooking, boil the spaghetti in well salted water until al dente. Add the cooked pasta, drained but not too well, to the pan and mix well so the pasta is well coated with the jet black sauce. Serve immediately.