- Spaghetti by Pastificio Martelli
- Eggs yolk
- Pecorino cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Moraiolo extra virgin olive oil by Pruneti
- Cut the guanciale into strips.
- Mix the egg yolks with the pecorino and parmigiano and add 40-50 g water. Mix with a whisk so that the yolks become creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put a pot of water on the stove and bring it to the boil. In the meantime, cook the guanciale in a small pan without oil, over low heat: brown it until it becomes crispy (about 7-8 minutes). Check pasta cooking time: it must be ready together with the guanciale, so that it can be seasoned immediately.
- Drain the pasta al dente, without letting it dry out too much (alternatively, keep some of the cooking water), and put it back into the pot or, better still, into a glass bowl: it is important that the pasta is seasoned off the heat. Season immediately with the guanciale and its fat. Stir well.
- Add a drizzle of Moraiolo extra virgin olive oil by Pruneti and pour the egg yolk mixture over the spaghetti and stir, so that it just congeals, without making lumps, always away from the heat. Serve immediately, topping with more pecorino cheese to taste and a grind of pepper.