Pasta and Beans (Pasta e Fagioli) by Chef Alessandro Colli
Beans 250 gr
Pasta 200 gr recommended thimbles pasta
Cured Pork Cheek 130 gr or lard
Ham 80 gr (not compulsory)
Celery 20 gr
Onion 20 gr
Carrots 20 gr
Evo Oil - "Bio Sicily" , Titone Farm
White wine 1 glass
1 litre of broth (chicken or beef or vegetable)
- We start with our sautéed onion, carrot and celery.
- After about 5 minutes we add the cured pork cheek and ham, and then we can add: garlic, wine, the beans, half the broth, rosemary, pepper.
- We cover the pot with a lid and cook everything on a low heat for 45 minutes. Then we remove 30% of our beans and blend them until we create a cream that we will add at the end.
- Now we would add the rest of the broth, the tomato paste and pasta and cook it for about 15/20 minutes.
- Afterwards we add our cream and Parmesan cheese, and we add plenty of olive oil: we would use a Sicilian extra virgin olive oil called Titone which is incredible.
- Now we mix everything with a wooden spoon and we keep the beans cream with the pasta. We would say that our pasta and beans is ready when our spoon remains standing vertical in the center of the pot!
Chef Alessandro Colli
Find Titone EVO in our collection: