- 1 T-bone or porterhouse steak, at least 3 inches thick & 3-3½ pounds
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary
- 1 bunch fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons of Intenso extra virgin olive oil by Pruneti
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat a grill pan on medium-high heat. Pat the steak dry, and season both sides generously with salt and pepper.
- Tie the rosemary and sage bunches together with butcher’s twine to form an herb brush. Use the herbs to brush the steak with Intenso extra virgin olive oil by Pruneti.
- Place the steak on the grill pan, and char it well: cook about 12 minutes on the first side, flip, and cook about 9 minutes on the second side. Like we said earlier, this steak is traditionally served rare.
- When the steak is done, remove it from the grill pan and allow it to stand for 5 minutes, so that the juices are retained when the meat is cut. Carve off the fillet and strip steaks and slice before serving. Serve hot, and enjoy!