- 280 g potatoes (approx. 2 medium-small)
- 100 g Mortadella
- 50 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- Frantoio extra virgin olive oil by Pruneti
- Boil the potatoes (I cooked them for 5-10 minutes in the microwave).
- Peel them and mash them with a fork in a bowl or, as I did, mash them with all their skin in a potato masher.
- Chop the mortadella with a knife, not too finely.
- Add the mortadella, egg, salt (just a pinch, or the meatballs will be too tasty) and nutmeg to the bowl.
- Start mixing, then incorporate the Parmesan into the mixture.
- With dampened hands, begin to form the meatballs, the size of a large walnut, passing them as you go in the breadcrumbs and then placing them on a plate.
- Heat a little Frantoio extra virgin olive oil by Pruneti in a non-stick frying pan and start cooking the meatballs, turning them occasionally (gently) to brown them evenly.
- As soon as the bologna patties are golden brown, serve them immediately.
FIND ALL THE INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE AT EGRO', next to Borough Kitchen, Islington Square, 116 Upper St, London N1 1AB, United Kingdom.